Sublimation Paper Instructions
What is sublimation and how does it work? Well, sublimation is a great professional way to personalize shirts, coasters, puzzles, mousepads and more. It is similar to heat transfer, however it is a process where the image becomes an actual part of the item. Sublimation uses special paper, ink and polyester-coated items that all react with each other. When heated to high temperatures, sublimation ink turns into a gas and the pores of the polyester coated item open up allowing the gas to enter. Then, once removed from the heat the pores of the polyester item close up trapping the ink inside of the item. Sublimation items are smooth to the touch. You won't be able to feel any image outline if you run your fingers across the sublimated item. The color is so much more vibrant than the inkjet heat transfer paper it's ridiculous!
ITEMS YOU WILL NEED
• White or light color polyester fabric garment or sublimation blanks.For best results, use fabric with tight weave.
• Heat Press
• Parchment paper or a Teflon Sheet
• Sublimation Transfer Paper*
STEP ONE – PRINTING YOUR IMAGE
1) Be sure to mirror or flip your image prior to printing.
2) Be sure to print on the bright white side of the paper.
3) Be sure to use Sublimation ink and sublimation transfer paper
STEP TWO – TRANSFERRING YOUR IMAGE
1) Preheat press to 375º - 400º F.
2) Press garment for 3-5 seconds to release moisture and remove wrinkles.
3) Place your printed image face down.
4) Use heat transfer tape to secure the paper on to the blank.
5) Place Teflon or Parchment paper sheet on top of the sublimation paper.
6) For fabric sublimations press at 400º for 35 seconds at medium pressure. For the iPhone Cover press at 356° for 120 seconds with medium pressure.
7) When the time is finished open the press and quickly remove the transfer.
• Turn the garment inside out.
• Wash in COLD water.
• Use a mild detergent for best results.
• Do not use bleach or bleach alternative detergents.
• Remove the garment promptly from the washer. The color may bleed if left in the washer.
• Dry on LOW temperature.
*Please note that transfer paper DOES have a shelf life; it lasts about 1 year depending upon storage. It must be kept sealed in its plastic bag. High humidity or dry conditions can shorten its shelf life.
Chengxi Industrial Park, Yiwu, Zhejiang, China
+86-189 2603 0920